There's no shortage of amazing smaller more niche, boutique women's fashion stores out there, but not all of them get the same attention as some of the bigger brands. So we wanted to take a moment to shine a spotlight on smaller, primarily women-founded, run, or owned stores that we love to shop for ourselves (& our clients!).
Plus, most of us get in the routine of shopping the same stores over and over again and we here from women frequently their desire to mix it up and find some new stores to shop & support!
What makes these stores stand out over the Amazon, Nordstrom, Anthros, etc. is their story, mission, focus on customers and community, curated selection of quality brands and products, and more. Keep reading to learn more and shop our picks from these stores.
1. Vestique Vestique is an online consignment boutique that sells pre-owned and vintage clothing, jewelry, and accessories. They have an amazing selection of classic and designer pieces, all at a fraction of the original price.Vestique launched as an online boutique in 2010 by these two college besties out of a spare bedroom in Morgan’s house. Countless trunk shows at local universities, late nights packaging orders (along with early mornings at their full time jobs) and straight up sweat equity turned the little web shop into a clothier with 12 brick and mortar locations throughout the Southeast and an e-com site that remains the heartbeat of the company. Now with a team of over 100 full and part time girl bosses, the Vestique fam works hard to bring you a unique and fun shopping experience.
2. Buddy Love Buddy Love is a clothing brand that specializes in fun, flirty dresses and skirts. They're known for their use of colorful prints and feminine silhouettes. Founded in 2010 by Grayson and Buddy DiFonzo, BuddyLove has evolved into a full fashion house that combines Grayson's love for everyday mom life with her love for travel to create bold beautiful prints meant to make a statement. They aim to inspire confidence for all women.
3. Hemline Hemline is a clothing brand that sells contemporary clothing for all women. They have a wide variety of styles to choose from, and brand names we love like For Love and Lemons, Show Me Your Mumu, Amanda Uprichard, and more, so you're sure to find something you love.
4. Reformation Created in 2009, Reformation is a revolutionary lifestyle brand that proves fast fashion, sustainability and local manufacturing can co-exist. Based in Los Angeles, Reformation makes effortlessly cool silhouettes that celebrate the feminine figure for the confident and the chic. Home to the first sustainable sewing factory in the U.S., Reformation infuses green measures into every aspect of the brand. From recycled and eco fabrics to a heat reflecting roof and clean energy in the factory, to recycled hangers in stores and eco-friendly packaging for at-home shipments, Reformation offers thoughtfully produced clothing at an affordable price–a reminder that being green shouldn't mean sacrificing style and quality. They have a chic and modern aesthetic that appeals to a wide range of women. Yael Aflalo, Founder of Reformation, is a California native and innovative entrepreneur who is leading the revolution of sustainable fashion through Reformation.
5. ASTR Taking inspiration from the latest trends and affinity for all things feminine, the creative collective behind ASTR The Label aims to immerse their customers into a world of effortless beauty. Since 2012, the brand has stood as a wearable interpretation of attainable style for all occasions. Featuring distinctive looks that exude romance, ASTR The Label offers collections that are recognized for their quality and unique combination of contemporary sophistication, versatility and chic design. They have a great selection of dresses, tops, and bottoms that are perfect for everyday wear.
6. Evereve After a defeating dressing room experience, Megan Tamte left a department store inspired to reimagine what shopping could be. She dreamed of a national boutique where women felt welcomed, seen and understood, not only through warm, wholehearted service, but in a product selection that truly reflects what women want: fashion that inspires confidence and moves them forward. With new arrivals landing daily, each piece EVEREVE carries is thoughtfully selected to complement women’s busy, multifaceted lifestyles, creating an inspiring edit of real trends for real life.
7. Electric Picks
Founded in 2011 by MJ Carlson and now run with her Best Friend Chantel Gia, the brand was born of the idea that jewelry holds our stories, and lives our experiences with us. Each piece is curated with thought, crafted with love, and destined to live your best adventures with you. Electric Picks has grown through these by coastal besties, and is a well-known brand loved by many women across the US per their quality on trend, yet affordable jewelry!
8. Tuckernuck Tuckernuck is a clothing retailer that is passionate about creating and curating apparel and gifts for a fun-filled life. The company was started by 3 women, family and friends. They aim to make shopping fun and easy with their our own line of clothing and accessories, plus we sell our favorite pieces from hundreds of other designers too (like Tory Burch, Loeffler Randall, Cult Gaia, and more)
9. Red Dress Boutique Red Dress Boutique is an online retailer that sells affordable, on-trend fashion. They have a wide variety of dresses to choose from, as well as a selection of tops, bottoms, and accessories. The founder Diana wanted to fill a void in the women's market for unique, affordable, fun pieces that would bring color and confidence and happiness to a woman's day. "Sometimes just having that one fantastic new outfit is all a woman needs to turn a bad day into a good one, to give a woman the confidence she needs going into an interview or to give that stay at home mom a reason to smile after that rare moment she treats herself."
10. Quince Quince is an online retailer that sells high-quality basics at an affordable price. They have a wide variety of essential pieces, including t-shirts, sweaters, and jeans. The company has a deep commitment to sustainability, accountability, transparency, and amazing value! From the 5-star reviews on most every piece, the company is definitely doing something right as they have a happy, loyal community of shoppers.
11. Hill House Home
With a design-centric approach, Hill House offers impeccable quality, and timeless, delicate styles through quality products designed to enhance and celebrate life. An aesthetic point-of-view and customer-led approach bring a fresh, accessible perspective to these time honored categories. Nell Diamond founded Hill House Home with a dream to make happy things for happy places. Her unique design aesthetic and customer-centric approach has helped build a fiercely loyal and engaged Hill House Home community.
12. Z SUPPLY
Z SUPPLY's journey began in 2013 with a belief in combining simplicity, comfort, and style in every closet. Starting with a well-designed tee, they have evolved into creators of timeless fashion essentials, offering soft fabrics, classic silhouettes, and versatile styles for everyone. You can find an amazing selection of versatile, comfortable athleisure options as well as everyday wardrobe staples at this go-to brand.
Pistola is a Los Angeles-based womenswear brand founded in 2013 by Grace Na. With over twenty years of experience in the apparel industry, Na was able to identify whitespace in the denim market. She aimed to offer high-quality pieces with luxury construction and fabrication at a lower price than her counterparts. With her extensive knowledge of the industry, she made her vision a reality. Pistola focuses on pieces that reflect quality and ease, clothing perfect for busy, modern women who demand her clothing work as hard as she does. Their mission to bring women superior products at sensible prices will never change. We absolutely LOVE their denim, sweaters, and jumpsuits.
14. Generation Love
Generation Love was born out of a fierce desire to create clothes that make women feel unapologetically powerful and confident in their skin. Generation Love seeks to create beautifully bold and on-trend pieces that are comfortable and wearable yet have the ability to make us feel instantly pretty, powerful, and transformed. The brand draws inspiration from French chic style adding a touch of New York edge combined to create a collection of elevated essentials that make getting dressed the easiest decision of the day. Their blazers are perfection!
Dissh is an Australian women's fashion brand known for its trendy and contemporary clothing and accessories. They feature an amazing selection of quality, neutral, minimal wardrobe staples. Founded in 2001, Dissh has established itself as a popular destination for young women seeking stylish and affordable fashion options. Owner and director, Lucy Henry-Hicks comes from a family of fashion retailers and has been in the business since a young age.
There are many reasons we love these smaller stores. Here are just a few:
They offer unique and stylish clothing that you won't find at the mall or shopping major retailers online.
They are committed to quality and sustainability.
They often have more affordable prices than larger brands.
They give back to their communities.
They help to promote females in business and entrepreneurship.
Supporting Smaller Businesses When you shop at small, you're not just buying clothes. You're also supporting a someone's dream and growth of business beyond just the big-box brands everyone is shopping. So next time you're looking for a new outfit, gift, just looking for inspiration we encourage you to check out one of these amazing stores that aligns to your values and personal style!
We will back to share more stores and smaller labels to educate and inspire so stay tuned!
Happy shopping<3 and remember, we're here to help! Let us know if you need any advice or assistance my shooting us a note here or messaging us in the Prept app!